20th AkiGasshuku & 1st OdaHai Iaido Taikai 2022
Sat 15 & Sun 16, Oct 2022
Organized by Furyu Dojo Athens under the auspices of Hellenic Kendo Iaido Naginata Federation
Eastern Indoors Sport Center (ASOX PHIVOS)
Marathonias Diadromis, Olympic Village Acharnes
Sat 15 Oct 2022
|0930-1200, Iaido keiko, ZNKR Iaido
1200-1300, Lunch break
1300-1430, Iaido keiko, ZNKR Iaido
1430-1600, Iaido keiko,
1430-1600, Kendo keiko
Eastern Indoors Sport Center (ASOX PHIVOS)
Marathonias Diadromis, Olympic Village,
Sun 16 Oct 2022
|0930-1300, 1st Oda Hai Iaido Taikai 2022
1300-1400, Lunch break
1400-1600, Iaido Shinsa 1-4 dan, organized by HKINF
Practice will be directed by
SAUVAGE Jean Jacques, Iaido kyoshi 7 dan, Kendo 5 dan
MAES Chris, Kendo renshi 7 dan, Iaido 3 dan
BRUWIER Phillipe, Iaido kyohi 7 dan, Kendo 3 dan
SIMONINI Michael, Iaido renshi 7 dan, Kendo 3 dan
DROSSOULAKIS Spiros, Iaido renshi 7 dan, Kendo 5 dan
KANTO Yuki, Iaido renshi 6 dan,
CARLIER Freddy, Iaido renshi 6 dan, Kendo 5 dan
Participation is open to all kenshi, members of HKINF and of EKF / FIK affiliated federations
Iaido practice will focus, on ZNKR Iaido. Special groups for Iaido beginners and preparation for exams will be formed.
Special precautionary & safety measures for COVID-19, as determined by national regulations, will be implemented. Be prepared to wear masks, inside venue at all times (except when actually competing) and to present a valid, Vaccination Certificate or COVID Recovery Certificate or PCR 72 hours/Rapid 48 hours test.
Each participant agrees to be photographed and/or filmed and gives full and complete permission for the use of his image / video in all kind of media including internet.
Organizers assume no liability of any kind.
1st Oda Hai Iaido Taikai
The 1st Oda Hai Iaido Taikai 2022 will take place on Sunday 16 October 2022. Participation is open to all kenshi members of a Federation member to EKF / FIK.
- Taikai Director, S.G. Drossoulakis
- Shinpancho, Sauvage JJ,
- Shinpan, will be announced
Matches will be conducted in accordance with The Regulations for Iaido Shiai and Shinpan & the Subsidiary Rules of Iaido Shiai and Shinpan, ZNKR October 1996, with the following clarifications:
- Taikai will include divisions, Mudan, Shodan, Nidan, Sandan, Yondan, Godan. For each division there will be, one First, one Second, two third places and two Fighting Spirit awards.
- It will be conducted in Preliminary phase (Pools) and Final phase (KO)
- In Preliminary phase and Final phase up to Semi Finals, competitors will perform three Kata & reiho, in 4 min time. In Semi Finals & Final they will perform five kata & reiho in 6 min time.
- Content of shiai embu, by competitors, during respective phases:
- Mudan / Shodan / Nidan, 3 & 5 shitei ZNKR Iai waza, respectively.
- Sandan, 1 koryu free-2 shitei ZNKR Iai waza & 2 koryu free-3 shitei ZNKR Iai waza, respectively.
- Yondan Godan, 3 & 5 free koryu Iai waza, respectively
- Reiho, in Mudan/Shodan/Nidan/Sandan div, that of ZNKR Iai, in Yondan/Godan the respective koryu one.
- Each division should have minimum 4 competitors. In case of less, it will be combined with an ‘’adjacent’’ division, as it will be decided by Taikai Director.
- Use of sageo obligatory in all divisions.
- Drawings will take place on Fri 7 October 2022. Time, place & Drawing Committee will be announced timely.
- Participation at the seminar is prerequisite for participation at the Taikai.
Iaido Shinsa 1-4 dan
In the context of the event, HKINF will hold an Iaido grading 1-4 dan, open to all kenshi members of EKF/FIK member Federations. All information will be provided, on time, by HKINF.
Practice Iaido & Kendo, 40 € (includes participation at the Taikai)
Kendo only, 10 €
Registration & Payment:
Registration for the 1st Oda Hai Iaido Taikai, should be done by Mon 3 Oct 2022, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , stating: full name(s) – Club/Dojo – Division – Koryu ryuha (3-5 dan) .
A confirmation of your registration will be returned
Participants at the Taikai should settle their payment by bank transfer by Wednesday 5 Oct 2022.
Bank EUROBANK, IBAN, GR5002602440000110200218483, Bank Swift Code, EFGBGRAA, Beneficiary name: S. Drossoulakis; Please mention depository name.
Registration for the seminar only and respective payment, may be done on the spot.
XENOPHON Hotel, Acharnon 340 Athens, tel: (0030) 210 2020310, fax (0030) 210 2020320, www.xenophon-hotel.com
Accommodation Booking is your own responsibility.
HOW TO REACH THE VENUE, from XENOPHON Hotel
Take Acharnon street towards E75/A1, Athinon-Thessalonikis-Evzonon, direction Kifissia.
Exit at direction Acharnes-Olympic Village, towards Olympic Village
Enter Ollym[pic Village from Gate A, continue straight up to fence and turn left on Marathonias Diadromis.
Continue on Marathionias Diadromis until you see Sport Hall to your left. Parking is available in front of venue.
For Information: Spiros G. Drossoulakis, mbl 0030-6944-674414, e-mail email@example.com
Looking forward to meet and train together, safely, in Athens